Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with small head and losing balance. Should I seek medical attention?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1793 Questions
my granddaughter is 12 months and has been diagnosed with a too small head. Her development was normal but the past 3 months she seems to be regressing. She is not pulling up and doesn't seem to have the strength and of course she is not walking. She can sit up but frequently looses her balance. She doesn't seem to use words that she understands the meaning. Should she be seeing a specialist?.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 53 minutes later
HiThanks for writing to health care magic. Too small head with delayed milestones needs to be fully evaluated. If the sutures in the skull have fused prematurely which can be identified by physical examination, it needs immediate correction. Your grand daughter may also need ultrasound head or other neuro imaging after physical examination by a specialist. Hope I answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor