Diagnosed with sinusitis. Is it safe to take Montek LC?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have had frequent allergic bursts of cold. Around 3 years back, I was diagnosed with sinusitis. I also use combihale regularly. Last month during a similar burst, I took 1 strip of Montek LC. Is it ok if I take it again starting today as I have had another cold for around 1 week now and is affecting my productivity at work and elsewhere.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 14 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanx for posting your query in XXXXXXX

As mentioned in the query , you are suffering from allergy which in your case is manifesting in upper respiratory tract symptoms like cold, sneezing, sinusitis etc.

Allergy needs to be controlled by anti inflammatory agents and montek lc is one of them. It can be taken for 4 to 6 weeks at a time and can be repeated during another attack. It`s an effective drug with minimal side effects to prevent an allergic attack. So please start taking montair lc straight away.

You may also use fluticasone or metaspray nasal spray and continue using combihale. Avoid exposure to cold and dry air, dust and smoke and any other substance that you may know you are allergic to.