Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with renal upper polar cortical cyst. What does finding mean?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9332 Questions
Hi all,
I will be very greatful if you guide me re left renal upper polar cortical cyst 2.3x2.1cm
What shall I do now?
Please see the attached reports as well. Do I need to do anything else?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 36 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
I ve seen this report and first there is no need to be concerned. Considering your age, size, shape and position of this cyst this is obviously benign simple cystic lesion. These are commonly found and usually cause no symptoms.This is medium sized cyst and in these cysts malignancy alteration is rare. It can press surrouding tissue but only if bigger than 4-5cm. recomemndations are that it shoud been monitoring on an annual basis. If there is a cyst growth higher than 1cm per year, you should consider removal.But this isnt likely to happen.

Residual urine is related to prostate enlargement,this is moderately enlarged prostate and if you have urinating difficulties you should take certain medicines for prostate hypertrophy if you already dont take it. So now, you dont need to do any other test by my opinion. Just dont worry and do frequent urine analysis and kidney function blood tests(urea,creatinine).
WIsh you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with renal upper polar cortical cyst. What does finding mean? 6 minutes later
Many thanks for the reply DR Romic,
Could you recommend any medications for prostate hyperthepohy as there are a lots of frequent micturation.
Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 18 minutes later
I dont know commercial drug names in your area, but you should start with antiadrenergic peripheral agents (doxasosin or tamsulosin). These have minor side effects and I am sure it would be helpful. consult your urologist or GP about it.
Also try to drink enough fluids(8 glass of ater per day) and uroprotective teas but avoid too much alcohol intake. And do annual check up including PSA(prostate specific antigen) measurements.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor