Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with prostate enlargement. Scan report showing cyst in kidney. Prescribed with silodal. Will it cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hi doctor,
My father is under diagonesed for proster enlargement. we took the ultrasound scan, in scan report we found the proster enlargement is 53 cc and in the right kidney small cyst is appear. The doctor prescribed as silodal 8mg for 10 days. My question is the silodal 10 mg will reduced the proster enlargement. or the silodal 10 mg is only cure for urinary problem.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Silodal will do both

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Silodal use results in decrease in prostate size and increase in peak urinary flow rate.
It’s an Alfa adrenergic blocker which retards disease progression; means reduces size of enlarged prostate gland.
So Silodal will do both
1-Decrease size of gland and
2-Reduce urinary problem.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor