Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with plantar fascities. What medication should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
i had been diagnosed with plantar fascities, however I have lost the prescription.
Can you advise the medications which should be taken for the cure?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
The treatment for plantar fascitis would be
1. change of foot wear. Foot wear should be scientifically modified by a orthotist.
2. pain killers(combination of analgesics and antiinflammatory medications ) Topical analgesic creams may also give some relief.
3. hot water fomentations
4. avoid walking on rough surfaces.
5. physiotherapy.

If this does not work then steroid injections in the heel area.

If this also does not work then surgical intervention m ay be contemplated.

I hope this answers your querry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor