Diagnosed with pericarditis. Having chest pain, migraine and night sweats. Cause and cure?
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Steroids are powerful anti-inflammatory agents. It is less likely that they have caused the past pancreas inflammation or the present pericardial inflammation. Steroids suppress inflammation.
Drugs used in ulcerative colitis at times have been implicated as causing pericarditis. You may have to consider their role in causing this and also the question of holding them... Discuss with your Gastro-enterologist – he will know better.
Still, it is wiser to investigate usual causes like infection and inflammation, like any other case.
Prednisolone is the ideal choice to treat in these circumstances / you are already taking.
It takes about two weeks for it to settle down.
You should be under the care of a cardiologist for observation to watch for effusion.
A multi-speciality team work in tertiary care hospital may be the best approach.
Wishing speedy recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Night sweats hot flashes cough chest pain
- Pericarditis chest pain
- Night sweats shortness of breath night cough chest pain tirdness
- Is chest pain a sign of pericarditis
- Night sweats chest pain insomnia
- Dizzy spells night sweats chest pains
- Vomiting night sweats chest pain weakness dehydration
- Left side chest pain night sweats tachycardia
- Shortness of breath, bad couph, night sweats, chest pains
- Chest pains and heavy night sweats
- Should I take diamox as a prophylactic medicine before planning for high...
- 17 year old having pilonidal cyst. What can we do to relieve the soreness?
- Suffering from cold. Suggest some effective medicine
- Getting back pain. Suggest some best medicine
- I am diabetic. Penis started itching. How to control it?
- Feeling nausea, light headed and fatigued. Diagnosed with chronic...
- Feeling tightness in throat and top of chest. Am I having asthma or...
- Diabetic. Having heart enlargement problem. Test showed low haemoglobin....
- Have heart fluttering after quitting smoking. Is this related to anxiety...
- Have stuffy nose. Is it safe to take afrin and zyrtec?