Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for proper treatment
These symptoms are typical signs of your diagnosis. Ulcer disease and gastritis start with abdominal pain after meal, belching, nausea, bloating and feeling of fullness. If it progresses to severe stomach inflammation with peptic ulcer then stomach strictures(stomach narrowing) can cause inability to belch and difficulties in food passage.
Bloated stomach then presses the diaphragm(muscle important for breathing) what makes for breathing difficulties.
These attacks can be very unpleasant, especially after specific food and drinks such as fat food, alcohol, smoking and coffee. So these things need to be avoided.
I suppose that doctor gave you some antacid medicines but it needs to be combined with dietary changes as I said. You could also consider taking Tablet Prevacid OTC 1 tablet 1 hour before meals. It would help considerably with your symptoms.
Also try lying with upper body elevated or on your right side, avoid sitting, especially after meals and eat a lot of milk products ( yoghurt is not on that list) which would relieve pain.
Your stomach now needs time to recover. You simple need to follow this advice for at least 1 month so that gastric tissue can heal. Also you need to do stomach biopsy to see is there some bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. If this bacterium is present, we would need to prescribe a course of antibiotics to help you with your symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Peptic ulcer
- Peptic ulcer treatment while pregnant
- Peptic ulcer treatment when pregnant
- Peptic ulcer antibiotic treatment
- Itch in my stomach and peptic ulcer
- Peptic ulcer symptoms stomach noises
- Popping feeling in stomach peptic ulcer
- Peptic ulcer and indent in stomach
- Treatment and cure for perforated peptic ulcers
- Treatment and cure for peptic ulcer disease
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?