Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with multiple mesenteric lymphadenopathy. Advice the treatment to be done

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 379 Questions
Last January, my cousin (now 7 year old) was suffering from very high
fever and was diagnosed with Multiple Mysentric Lymph Adenopathy, with 1
lymph node measuring about 2 cm. She also has a gland which can be felt by
hand in her neck - which is soft and mobile - since she is 2 yrs old. When
USG was conducted after another bout of very high fever this week, 3 large
lymph nodes (abt 2 cm) was identified
Pl advice the a treatment guideline & best pediatric doctor/hospital in India
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 1 hour later
Its very common to get high fever for short course which often responds to short therapy as india has high prevalence of various bacterial imfections…
Mesenteric nodes are often normally present in most kids but doctor worry if they are growing and getting sticky…
Although many nonspecific gut infections do cause such nodes… specific treatment for them remains at large unless one of the nodes is subjected to fnac test and moreferably a biopsy which is important to rule out serious causes like tuberculosis lymphoma or cancer.
Often doctors attribute it to typhus like or typhoid fever and treat with 2 weeks of antibiotic… or else not to take risk often most doctors treat it as tuberculosis.
You may consult me at mumbai if any definite opinion or therapy desired… I treat such cases. on daily basis. I hpe this answers your concern… you may call. me on0000 for appointment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with multiple mesenteric lymphadenopathy. Advice the treatment to be done 8 minutes later
Which of the hospitals at Mumbai you are attached with or if you can also guide us to the best pediatric hospital in India
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later
THi again
… frankly speaking there is nothing as number one pediatric hospital in india…
Clearly because there are very few pediatric hospitals alone in govt sector… and you may find most pediatricians setting tHeir own respective pediatric hospitals in their cities. In mumbai… I am as associate professor of pediatrics at tn medical college and XXXXXX hospital mumbai central…
Also I cater my services to nearby 8 hospitals in private sector on daily basis.
And if you want to know who is best… there is no criteria a doctor would apply… but since last 5 years I rank in google search for pediatrician mumbai amongst top five on first page as dr sk.
I hope this settles your query… answer would have been mor precise if you provide tentative city of interest where you plan to consult
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with multiple mesenteric lymphadenopathy. Advice the treatment to be done 18 minutes later
Is it also possible for you to connect me with some good child specialist at Kolkata.
so that in case we need your extended support we can then take her to Mumbai could be the next step
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 18 hours later
Sorry for late.
you may consult any of the pediatricians in kolkata as below:

Bauri Dr XXXXXX 0000,
Chattala Stores     0000, XXXXXX Dr XXXXXX 0000,
Dipen Bagchi      2464-0524,
Dr XXXXXX Hazra     0000,
Dr XXXXXX Chattopadhay     0000,
Dr. A.K. Mangolic      2355-9600,
Dr. A.K. XXXXXX 2350-3418,
Dr. Amalendu XXXXXX 0000, 0000,
Dr. XXXXXX XXXXXX 2350-1145,
Dr. Apurba XXXXXX 0000, 0000
Dr. XXXXXX XXXXXX Manglik     0000

hope u get your concerns cleared. thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor