Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with morphea hemangioma. Causing irritation. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I have a blemish on my penis that has been there for as long as I can remember. I went to a dermatologist and she said she thinks it morphea hemangioma......... it is shape in a half circle around the area where urine come out..the marked area is lower than the other side and cause irritation. any suggestions? I can send a pic if necessary
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query . It is appearing like morphea. It is an auto immune disorder where the skin becomes thin and depressed. you require treatment with topical or if possible injectable steroids. Did your dermatologist suggest you any treatment? This disease can be controlled but cannot be totally treated. Its good that you have a localised form.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with morphea hemangioma. Causing irritation. Suggest 37 minutes later
No treatment was recommended. ...what would treatment do? The normal tissue around it is sensitive. Any suggestion? Does it get larger over time? She did recommend taking a biopsy. ... but she said it wasn't necessary
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the follow up, sorry for the delay in answering. Treatment can prevent further extension of patch. You can apply flutivate ointment. Yes biopsy can be done to confirm diagnosis, but it is not required as the lesion is obvious. Unnecessary pain to you can be avoided. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor