Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mild scoliosis, bulging disc and fibromyalga. Have insomnia. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
Hello, I'm XXXXXXX. I have been experiencing what feels to be a pinching in my heart. When I move wrong sometimes I get it and I am concerned. I had a back x-ray and MRI of T-Spine done. I've been diagnosed with mild scoliosis and a bulging disc and fibromyalga and I injured my back/shoulder on deployment. I see a pain specialist off base once every month or two. They have done a nerve block for my T-Spine T4-T-7 two weeks ago and it's helped for my mid back and the doctor said its musculo/skeletal related. It's helped my mid back pain. But my lower and upper are extremely stiff and sometimes the pain is so bad it makes me have spasms and I was curious.. Could the upper back pain radiate into the chest area? Also could a lack of sleep cause chest pain because even with 2mg Klonopin I am unable to fall asleep some nights. They have tried relaxation methods, i bought a more supportive bed, Trazadone, Evavil, Ambien and nothing helps me get sleep. They gave me iboprofin 800 for my back but I tried up to three and it didn't help the pain at all. Normally I can fall asleep once every 2-3 days on average. So i didn't know if that could be related. The doctors on base are not really helping with the sleep issue. They have tried those medications but nothing helped. Is there anything that you could think of that might help for sleep and chest pain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX

Your scoliosis is main problem, which has been aggravated by trauma. You have to undergo similar procedure of nerve block for upper and lower region.

Main cause of insomnia is pain. Firstly, pain must be decreased. In addition, you should consult a psychiatric for meditation, relaxation and sleep therapy. Continue same medication.

For chest pain, I will suggest consult a physician and go for chest x-ray, ECG, and stress test. These baseline investigations will rule out the any cardiac cause.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor