Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with mild hepatomegaly and grade 1 prostatomegaly. What is the treatment?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6481 Questions
sir,i have been
diagnosed with mild hepatomegaly and grade 1 prostatomegaly; how is this usually treated.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be treated by medicines or surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

For mild hepatomegaly,we should try to see the cause for enlargement. Mostly it is due to fatty liver, infections etc.
There is also need to check for other parameters like routine hemogram,LFT,RFT,RBS,Lipid profile.
If it is due to fatty liver then you should restrict fat intake and if lipid profile is deranged then hypolipidemic drugs are required. Fatty liver with hepatomegaly is also found in diabetes mellitus so you should have controlled blood sugar. If you are overweight then try to reduce body weight and increase your physical activity.

Treatment of enlarged prostate depends upon symptoms in patients and how distressing it is for patients.
Besides relaxation techniques, bladder control methods ,quitting smoking and caffeine, other methods to control are medicines and surgery.
So, you should consult urosurgeon and you need proper clinical digital examination and investigations.
You should continue drugs for hypertension and diabetes mellitus.

Get well soon
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor