Diagnosed with mild hepatomegaly and grade 1 prostatomegaly. What is the treatment?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Question: sir,i have been
diagnosed with mild hepatomegaly and grade 1 prostatomegaly; how is this usually treated.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be treated by medicines or surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

For mild hepatomegaly,we should try to see the cause for enlargement. Mostly it is due to fatty liver, infections etc.
There is also need to check for other parameters like routine hemogram,LFT,RFT,RBS,Lipid profile.
If it is due to fatty liver then you should restrict fat intake and if lipid profile is deranged then hypolipidemic drugs are required. Fatty liver with hepatomegaly is also found in diabetes mellitus so you should have controlled blood sugar. If you are overweight then try to reduce body weight and increase your physical activity.

Treatment of enlarged prostate depends upon symptoms in patients and how distressing it is for patients.
Besides relaxation techniques, bladder control methods ,quitting smoking and caffeine, other methods to control are medicines and surgery.
So, you should consult urosurgeon and you need proper clinical digital examination and investigations.
You should continue drugs for hypertension and diabetes mellitus.

Get well soon
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX