Owl Image

Diagnosed with migraine. Is it safe to take divaa-od 500 and serta 25?

Owl Image
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Question
I have been detected with Migraine and doctor has prescribe me DIVAA-OD 500 and SERTA 25 . Are these tablets safe to take for 4-6 months .What are the possible side effects . Can they cause Liver Damage.
Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

DIVAA-OD (Divalproex) is an excellent drug for treating migraine. It is generally well tolerated and is free of serious side effects.

Common side effects seen with Divaa OD include weight gain, tremors of hands and hair loss. However these side effects are seen in less than 5% people.

The only serious side effect with Divaa OD is liver damage, which is fortunately rare (occurs in less than 0.1% people.

Serta (Sertraline) is a very good medicine for treating depression and is a very safe drug.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad