Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

193 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Diagnosed with male genital yeast. What treatment and cure should be done?

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Sir, I am 58 years old and in generally good health. Approximately 15 years ago I was diagnosed with male genital yeast. I went through 7 doctors until an old gentleman dermatologist took one look and made the diagnosis. It was a very scary time. I have alway assumed he was correct as his treatment methods did help the condition but it has never gone away. Are you aware of any new(er) treatments that wiil alleviate this yeast condition and recently I have noticed the skin on the scrotum and shaft of my penis becoming longer and "sagging" to the point that the skin sometimes covers the head of my penis. I know certain conditions such as cold weather etc can make the penis shrink but there is actually (much) more skin on my scrotum and penis. Is this an aging process or an additional complication from long term yeast or something more serious? Thank you for your time
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
A. Yeast infection needs treatment only when it is Present. Otherwise preventive methods are enough which are
1. Hygiene- clean the penis at showers with regular soap and water after retracting the foreskin.
2. Looking at factors that can suppress resistance like diabetes and long term corticosteroid Intake.

B. Skin length- The penis and scrotum are organs that can expand and shrink depending on temperature changes and sexual stimulation. It may just be normal. Ageing is not known to cause such changes. It is unlikely to be anything serious.
If worried, a consultation with a urologist is worthwhile.
Wishing you good XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on Candidiasis

doctor1 MD

Last month it hurt when I peed, it wasn't a burning feeling, it just hurt when the pee would come out, it came to the point where I was scared to use the washroom because it hurt a lot even to wipe, then I had saw I had gotten a yeast infection, so I took care of and everything stopped, now yesterday I went to pee and I can feel it starting to hurt again, I was told this could be a urinary tract infection but I'm not sure what to do

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with HSV-1 in my genital area and since I was diagnosed I have had issues with constipation. Also, the lips of my vagina are pretty red as well and my groin area seems to be red as well. Doctor thought it may be a yeast infection. I have tried stool softeners and ansoul suppositories because of the constipation and hemmrhoids. I also tried nystatin for on the lips of my vagina too.
I'm still having some discomfort around the anus area and havent had a regular bowel movement for some time.

Im also taking daily treatment for the HSV-1. 400 mg of Acyclovir 1 time a day.
Someone, please help me feel back to "normal"

doctor1 MD

I have a question for you. I have enamel erosion and I get an urinary yeast infection. Sometimes, when I pee, my urine smells bad. Why is that? Is it because of my enamel erosion, the urinary yeast infection, or something I ate? I am 27 years old. I weigh about 128lbs. I am 5 feet tall.

doctor1 MD

My OB prescribed me with albothy suppository for 7 nights due to yeast infection and trich. I didnt remove the paper like residue because of I dont know if i should remove it or not. My last treatment is June 27, 2014. Because I am very irritated inside, I had just removed the paper-like residue from albothyl this morning and it came out with greenish discharge. My OB asked me to douche 3 days after treatment.

doctor1 MD

I had a left side stroke on the brain. Previously I had a TIA . It was two months later that I experienced the stroke . I was prescribed blood pressure pills, baby aspirin and cholesterol pills when I had the TIA.[ several hours in a U.S. hospital...

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 36 year old overweight female. Recently I've had twitching on the tip of my tongue as well as burning mouth. I went to the doctor who said I had low vitamin d which I started taking. My tongue kept twitching and I freaked out after...

doctor1 MD

Worried about candidiasis I am 31 smoker, recently I was under extreme stress During this period I developed what looks like viral pharyngitis / sinusitis I do suffer with allergic sinusitis in the past Anyway during that period of sinusitis I...