Owl Image

Diagnosed with male genital yeast. What treatment and cure should be done?

Owl Image
Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Question
Sir, I am 58 years old and in generally good health. Approximately 15 years ago I was diagnosed with male genital yeast. I went through 7 doctors until an old gentleman dermatologist took one look and made the diagnosis. It was a very scary time. I have alway assumed he was correct as his treatment methods did help the condition but it has never gone away. Are you aware of any new(er) treatments that wiil alleviate this yeast condition and recently I have noticed the skin on the scrotum and shaft of my penis becoming longer and "sagging" to the point that the skin sometimes covers the head of my penis. I know certain conditions such as cold weather etc can make the penis shrink but there is actually (much) more skin on my scrotum and penis. Is this an aging process or an additional complication from long term yeast or something more serious? Thank you for your time
Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
A. Yeast infection needs treatment only when it is Present. Otherwise preventive methods are enough which are
1. Hygiene- clean the penis at showers with regular soap and water after retracting the foreskin.
2. Looking at factors that can suppress resistance like diabetes and long term corticosteroid Intake.

B. Skin length- The penis and scrotum are organs that can expand and shrink depending on temperature changes and sexual stimulation. It may just be normal. Ageing is not known to cause such changes. It is unlikely to be anything serious.
If worried, a consultation with a urologist is worthwhile.
Wishing you good XXXXXXX
DR GS