Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with kidney stones. Suggest to drink less water, on defcort 30 and nicardia retard 20. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 328 Questions

Recently i have been diagnosed with kidney stones ( got 3 stones each one in right and left kidney and 6mm stone in middle of ureter) The doctor suggested me to drink less water (when needed) and take defcort 30 and nicardia retard 20 for 10 days. I have already passed 8 days waiting for stone to comeout. no luck yet. Could someone advice.
Also my Serum creatinine was 0.8mg/dl 8 days ago and has become 1.3mg/dl now


Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 2 hours later

First thing, DO NOT PANIC.

Kidney stones are common conditions and treatment is simple.

1. What to do with the stone at hand and
2. What to do so that it does not occur again.

The present stone that is struck in the ureter--- generally tones less than 5mm should come out by themselves and more than 10mm need surgery.

Your 6 mm stone in mid ureter appears to be stuck as it has already been >7 day trial of conservative treatment. I would suggest you should consult your Urologist and go for operative intervention, which depending on the position of the stone may be URS or PCNL.

These procedures are very safe.

Also meanwhile, start tab tamsulosin (URIMAX) one tablet a day under guidance of your doctor.

Hope this helps, for any further information feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor