Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with hole in heart. How can I get it off my mind?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
I was told by my doctor that I had a hole in my heart. Go home and enjoy the time you have left, I am going to be 80 years old on july 4th. Thought it didn't bother me, but can't get it off my mind
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 51 minutes later
welcome to healthcare magic.
As your doctor told to you that you have a hole in the heart.
usually hole in the heart means that is present since birth.
Acquired hole in your age group means aVSD after an heart attack.
You have not mentioned the ECHO report . which was the test to know the details of hole.
If the hole is since birth , now in your age group there is no need for intervention if you are asymptomatic.
But if it is acquired after a heart attack , you need further evaluation.
So please give details of echo test to further clarity to understand your problem.
thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with hole in heart. How can I get it off my mind? 9 minutes later
No heart attack. In fact as I stated, I have been fairly healthy all my life. I do have arthritis and Something called Essential tremors that I never heard of before either.
Evedently I have had this sence birth. No heart attack. Sometimes a few pains, but we all have those.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 9 minutes later
thanks for writing in
without any heart attack in your age group hole in the heart . and no symptoms , nothing to be done.
But it should be clear that what is meant by hole in heart, whether your docter did an echo and said that or only with clinical examination.
so you need a detailed cardiac evaluation first with an detailed echocardiogram.
thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor