Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with grade 2 prostatomegaly. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have been diagnosed as Grade 2 Prostatomegaly today by the radiologist. What treatment is required to be taken by me?
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 55 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Treatment depends on your symptoms and results of the tests.
Tests to be done are
1. Uroflowmetry.
2. Renal function tests.
3. Urine analysis and culture.
Based on all these, treatment can be offered, if the flow of urine as assessed by uroflowmetry is less or if the frequency of urine is more.
Medicines available are of two types.
1. To improve your flow and reduce the frequency.
2. To shrink the gland to some extent.
Kindly speak to your doc on all these issues and get treated.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor