Diagnosed with gastritis and feeling bloated. Have low vitamin D and high LDL. Suggest the precautions to be taken

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had been having problems with my year for little over a year now. I have been diagnosed with gastritis back in August and I still have problems with belching and bloating. Sometimes I feel like my heart drops, and im not sure thats caused by my stomach and not heart. My TSH was at 4.5, so my dr gave me 25mcg synthroid, and now i am at 3.0. I will be taking 50mcg starting tomorrow to see if I feel any better. As I have attached my results from sept, I have low vitamin d and wbc, and high ldl. I sometimes feel muscle weakness, dizziness, light headed, and fatigue. Could you please let me know what steps I need to take to make me back to normal. I am hoping the increase in dosage of synthroid will help the fatigue and lower the cholestrol since i do not eat too bad and excerise couple times a week. I am 29 and weigh 172. I forgot to mention I went to a cardiologist Sept 2013 and got an echo done, and also had a heart monitor on my for 24 hours. Everything came back normal. He was the same doctor who did the lab tests, but i never went back to him to discuss results.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggests infection.Need examination.Thyroid normal Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through your query and attached report. 1. Your thyroid hormone level and TSH level are well under control and no need to increase the dosage. You should take synthroid regularly without missing even a single dose. 2. There is raised in total WBC count and lymphocytes, suggesting some infection. This needs general physical examination (GPE) to find out the cause and should treat accordingly. May be viral, chronic bacterial infection or other problem. If Infection there will be symptoms like muscle weakness, dizziness, light headed, and fatigue. So I advice you to consult your Doctor for GPE to find the cause and treat accordingly. 3. For high cholesterol and LDL level, you should do 30min of out door exercise like swimming, cycling, aerobics or jogging every day for at-least 5 days a week and reduce oil and carbohydrate XXXXXXX food. If this does not help then a statin need to be added to reduce the LDL & cholesterol level. 4. For gastritis, do regular exercise as explained before, regular food habit (small quantity for every 3 hours), fibre XXXXXXX food and can take Tab Ranitidine or proton pump inhibitors(like pantoprazole) with pro kinetic like domperidone after your doctor's advice. This will help you. Hope this information answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 2 minutes later
Hi how about the low level of vitamin d?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Direct sun exposure,Vit D supplements.Examination Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for the question. For low level of Vit D you need further evaluation for the cause of it during your routine GPE. This may be due to decreased sun exposure (common cause for most of the patients) or due to some problem in parathyroid gland. You need to take Vit D supplements that will help in maintaining Vit D. Since the Calcium level are well under control there wont be much problem of it. So Direct sun exposure during 30min of your daily exercise may be enough to normalize the level. Hope this answered the query. Feel free to ask any related query. If you are satisfied with the answer kindly close the query and write a review for it. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 45 minutes later
What is causing my constant belching and bloating?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Variation:GI secretion,motility & bacterial flora Detailed Answer: Hi, Variation in gastrointestinal(GI) secretion and intestinal motility along with variation in intestinal bacterial flora is responsible for bloating and belching. Regular exercise, regular food habits (small quantity for every 3 hours), fibre XXXXXXX food, plenty of water and proton pump inhibitors (like pantoprazole) with pro kinetic like domperidone will help in re leaving the symptoms. Hope this helps you. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 3 days later
I also have red stool. What is the cause of that
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs further evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing Back. The red colored stool may be due to food (like beetroot) or due to blood. So if it is constant and if you have not taken any red colored food then the stool is need to be examined for blood. If blood is present in stool then further evaluation for the cause (examination and investigation) is to be done and should be treated. The common causes for bleeding per rectum are anal fissure, hemorrhoids and infections. So needs further evaluation for management. Hope this information helps you. Regards