Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with dextroscoliosis in thoracic spine, stenosis and osteophyte in spine. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hi my name is XXXXX l am 59yrs old and was recently diagnosed with reversal of the lord is.dextroscoliosis in the mid upper thoracic spine, stenosis and osteophyte formation near my spinal cord. My Dr suggests a prosthesis because of this. What are your thoughts. This is most evident at T7- T11
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you can take support of thoracic brace Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. If you are having respiratory difficulty or you need for cosmetic correction then you can go for scoliosis correction. If there is any neurological involvement then you may need surgical correction. Yes you can take support of thoracic brace as your doctor suggested. For symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor