Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cerebral spondylitis. Suffering from back pain. Suggest some diet plan. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 53 Questions
I have been recently diagonised with cerebral spondylitis, though the consulting doctor said it was nothing to worry about. I also suffer from severe back pain frequently, for the last 3-4 years. I have been doing yoga, but didn't find any benefits as such. Is there any other way by which I can lessen the frequency of the pain? Is there anything in particular I should avoid? Does any particular diet help in fighting such pain?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rudramani Swami 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Doctor must have told you it is cervical spondylitis not cerebral spondylitis. Cervical spondylitis at very young age is less likely.

It usually comes at middle age or older age.i would like to suggest you to continue neck and back exercises and yoga.Avoid t using pillow while sleeping.Muscle relaxant both oral and local application may help you.

If pain is still unbearable and not responding to analgesics and muscle relaxants i would like to suggest do MRI whole spine screening.

At this young i would also like to rule out ankylosing spondylitis if pain improves with exercise and worsens at rest and night .

If their is any evidence of sacroilitis on MRI.If such changes are their you have to do HLAB 27,rheumatoid factor,anti CCP XXXXXXX level.A rheumatologist or orthopedic surgeon may help you more.

No diet has shown to improve the conditions. However during general practice we advice greens, roots and calcium XXXXXXX food.

Hope this help you,i will be available for further queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor