Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cancer and prescribed Novartis. Suggest generic equivalent to it?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I have been diagnosed with cancer and my doctor has recommended that I take phosphate novartis 500mg twice daily. This is quite expensive and i don't have medical coverage for it. is there a generic equivalent or a U.S. equivalent that I can buy, and can you recommend a supplier?

Thank you very much
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry about your current health status. I have read your query with diligence.

Yes, phosphate novartis 500mg is expensive as you said. I am sorry that there is no medical coverage for it.

There is a generic equivalent for it called as K-PHOS modified tablets. You can buy it at the Walgreens pharmacy. Here is the link to it.

Hope this information helps you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor