Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with calcific tendinitis. Done X-ray. Getting pain. What is the treatment?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5973 Questions
Hello doctor , i have both sholders diagnose "calcifi.tenditis deger.olso my neck c5-c6 deger. canges on it my right hand wos horoboll i did not use therapy or so.. I continue to work little by little fill better bat never recover fully i took so mach care abaut my r.sholder i did most job with left hand.end of novembar my left feast on hand got swolen i went to my GP and she did x-ray of my neck and left sholder (did x XXXXXXX for right on smmer urlier)there is diagnosis on bigining of story for all the same one.Since decembar my right sholder and elbov and wrist fingers to so painfull unspikabolle olso pins and nambeling then left hand jast elbov and wrist bat XXXXXXX painfull then right hand my neck is not always in pain jast i got fi lling like somthing is attach havy on my neck and often hedic GP put me on cymbalta and lorozepam becouse of not sleeping on night (shoolders positioning big problem) sent me on therapy i did 3 ther. Then my fizio said no more WSIB declined cleim myGP said this is not right it is okupetional problem and injury they should help me since i still have in last 3 or so months big problem she dont wona me to stap to work and she told me to see to find low protection i did bat you have to make case suit them for ...... Or stop to work wiich ii cant becouse i'm so hoples with my pain then GP said she will tray to put me tru hospital therapy she sent me at surgen and order mri scan for me i did go to surgen yesterday he ask me probably GP told him you can move little bit better your right hand i said yes what abaut pain i said same olmost unposibole to live any more he said my opshen is jast cortizone shoot nothing apsolutle else i told him my GP did sent me if maby will help for hospital terapy he said no hospital will not provide free therapy nobady(since i have no inshurance) bat i dont understend i still paing taxses .... I told him my MRI is on the way to be done for cuple days maybe it is more confident for him he said he dont nead tnaw for shoot i ask for side exects i ' m sceard abaut high blood presshure and duing that agein and agein and what happening when i cant do that any more he said no said exects it will be only one shoot by him may only hope i shuld do it and beter die then live like this i did shoot ,ask him abaut may future and havy locupetional problem hebsaid it is up to me i di d go home for cuple h. Fill ok then i start to fill may heart beat so strong vona run from me hot flashes oll over may body chek may blood pressure wos 186/ i did took lorozepam 2 of them lay to bed never sleep in the morning cansel may work may right hand very havy ,tromb painful did may blood p. wos 146/ it wos going better i coll may doctor if i can do lorozepan and they told me she dont speak on fone i have to came i cant go driving in this condishen inot visit doctor if somthing happen i will coll 911 inaw is 130am i still have no sleep to came to me shuld i take lorozepam in the morning i working.please tell me What is may future aproksimetly with may condishen and what shuld i do is this going awey or it is on going better then not to be araund your opinion will be deply rrespect, thank you !
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Firstly , please do not panic.
There is no indication for you to think negatively, think of suicide or staying unemployed etc.
I agree you have a multitude of conditions hence you need tertiary care.
Firstly, an orthopecdic opinion for your shoulder and cervical spine.
Apart from that, you need medication for hypertension and palpitations.
The main thing is you need to see a Psychiatrist and consider medication / behaviour therapy and counselling.
Most diseases start in the mind, and you are getting bogged down mentally by them.
Also you are perimenopausal, hence you might be experiencing mood swings, depression, hot flushes etc.
You need to see a gynecologist, and assess yourself for hormonal therapy. That might improve matters.
Please consult a tertiary centre, and have a multispeciality opinion.
Do not give up on life so easily.

Take care.
Feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with calcific tendinitis. Done X-ray. Getting pain. What is the treatment? 3 hours later
Hi dr.Aareti XXXXXXX thank you for your answer, may point wos if you are orthopedic surgen i will nead your answer abaut may future with may sholders and neck problem i jast nead yo no is cortison shoot wich i recive in may sholder going to stap on going may problem or not.what is nexst if it is not more cortizone shoot or ?? I asking you abaut that beacouse general doctor gave mi advice to see opinion bay reumatologist and orthopeadic surgen . I stop to having hot flashes after 2 days reciving may cortizone shoot and blood presshure is olso normal naw i still reciving may period i will speak abaut hormons with may gp doctor she taking good care abaut that. I'm not wory abaut losing may employment (job)i'm jast wory abaut future is this on going problem then job wich one i love i will no be able to do ? Iconsidering i'm still young woumen should i start thinking abaut somthing else so many oportunity in this contry, never came close thinking abaut suicaide that is not me.I did wrote long meaning you will no better abaut may health problem i have to take care abaut this and ejucate may self.Still if you can unswer me abaut your speciality to may main problem you did very short like i having some problems and nothing else? Regards to you!
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
I am sorry if you feel that I was too brief with you.
I apologize for that.
I have read your detailed history and I appreciate the time and effort for you to provide such detailed and long history.
Yes, if all medications have failed, a cortisone shot would help you relieve the shoulder inflammation.
If your blood pressure is under control, then you can safely go ahead and take the shot.
Simply based on your findings, it is difficult to say what other treatment options might work for you.
You need to consult a Rheumatologist / Orthopedic surgeon who will completely examine you and guide you after physically seeing you.
Also, it might be occupation related, so taking a break for a few days might help you to heal it.
About the severity of the problem ,it can be assessed after seeing the patient only.
I hope you understand that.
I also feel that you do need some Psychotherapy since you sound quite agitated by the problem and anxiety of losing your much beloved job.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor