Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I was told by doctor that my fallopian tubes are blocked. Is there any remedy for this?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Fallopian tubes are important to carry egg (ovum) from ovary to uterus. Blocked fallopian tubes lead to infertility ( cannot have children) as ovum cannot come to XXXXXXX sperm and fertilize.

CAUSES for blocked tubes could be:

1) Infections: Tuberculosis is most common infection to cause blocked fallopian tubes.

2) Pelvic inflammatory disease: Due to any cause or organism, this leads to blocked tubes.

3) salpingitis isthimica nodosa

4) Polypoid lesions in fallopian tubes.

5) Endometriosis between uterus & fallopian tubes.


1) Hysterosalpingography (HSG) is a simple test for diagnosis of tubal block.

2) Diagnostic Laparoscopy with chromotubation is a definitive method of diagnosis.

3) Endometrial biopsy to be done to rule out infections like tuberculosis & appropriate treatment to be taken.

Most of options are surgical management.

1) Hysteroscopic cannulation of fallopian tubes: Under Hysteroscopy guidance a guide wire can be passed through uterus and fallopian tubes can be opened.

2) Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy can be used for recanalisation (reopening)of the blocked fallopian tubes after checking the site of block and using microsurgical techniques.

3) Laparotomy: Tubal recanalisation can also done by opening up the abdomen and rejoining tubes. The technique involves Micro surgical techniques generally done by infertility specialist.

I hope I answered your queries. If any more queries you have, please let me know. If no more queries, please accept my answer.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor