Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with asthenoteratozoospermia and grade 1 bilateral varicocele. How to get cured?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
i am married 10 years back,still i dont have any child.i was diagnosed as having ASTHENOTERATOZOOSPERMIA AND GRADE I BILATERAL VARICOCELE.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO OVERCOME MY PROBLEM?PLEASE HELP ME
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Thanks for the query.

Varicocele can affect the seminal quality by causing increased testicular temperature and venous reflex.
So your reduced sperm motility and abnormal forms can be because of that.

Now the treatment options depends on your wife's investigations:
-If she is not having any problem related to fertility you can go for treatment of varicocele.
It can be surgery or per-cutaneous embolisation.
You can go for medical treatment also to improve seminal quality but when there is structural defect medicines may not be effective.

-But if your wife is also having some problem with fertility you can go for artificial reproduction methods like IVF or ICSI etc.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor