Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with ante vetted uterus and lower uterine segment fibroid. What to do if pregnancy occurs without surgery?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I was told that my uterus is ante vetted and had a measurement of of 6.8 x 7.3 x 5.6 cm. there is a cavitary anterior lower uterine segment fibroid measuring 4.9 x 3.5 ... And I will need to have a surgery . What will happen if I get pregnant without taken this surgery and is this surgery a must ?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to undergo treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The treatment options of the fibroids depends on symptoms, size and location of the fibroid, age, parity etc. As you are having intracavity anterior lower uterine segment fibroid with size of around 5×3.5 cms, the possible problems that can arise are : -Because of larger size of the fibroid, menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea etc can occur. That can alter the menstrual cycle and can affect fertility. -As fibroid is in lower uterine segment, that can obstruct the ascent of spermatozoa. - May lead to defective implantation. -Size of the fibroid can increase during pregnancy and complications like red degeneration can occur. - It may make delivery difficult. All there are not to frighten you, but these are the possible problems that can occur. So, better to undergo treatment for fibroids before planning for pregnancy. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor