Diagnosed with afib, hypertension, diabetics and congestive heart failure. What could be the reason for tightness in chest and back?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Heart Attack
Question: Hi, I have been diagnosed with afib, hypretension, diabetics, and congestive heart failure. All of a sudden today I am feeling a little tightness in my chest and back. It more so feel like somehow or something is weighing me down. I am wondering if I should be alarmed about this. I have been in the hospital 3 times (July, September and October) I really don't want to back in there if there is something in which I could do myself. I am fighting really hard on trying to keep myself healthy.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please rush to the ER, it could be an attack.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us with your query.

I do not want you to panic, but your descriptions does raise an alarm, hence I urge you to rush to the ER right away.

We can continue the discussion once you are back from the hospital.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind regards,