Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with a bladder infection. Having severe pain vaginal and anal area. Normal?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9346 Questions
I was diagnosed with a bladder infection Thursday. Have had a standing scrip from my doc. Starting taking Wednesday. Doc confirmed infection thurs. now having throbbing pain vaginal and anal area along with sensitive (chaffing feeling) along underwear line. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
Yes, this is normal for uroinfection. You need to wait for at least 5-7 days till antibiotics start working. But there is something you should know. You must be sure that there is no pelvic and reproductive organs infection. So if you notice any kind of vaginal discharge,bleeding, fever >100, chills or pain progression you should visit gynaecologist for further tests, ultrasound and inflamatory markers. If you dont experience such symptoms just finish antibiotics and I am sure it will be fine.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor