Diagnosed with PCOD and have bulky uterus. Taking siocare and folic acid. Any suggestion?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: i have a heavy bleeeding for the past 4 months . i got anemic and admitted in the hospital .
they scanned me and told that i have pcod disease . one of my fibroid was big and want to remove that . my uterus was also bulky . pls suggest me a query . dr has given me siocare tablet one in a day and folic acid tablet one in a day and evion tablet one in a day and syrups like zinc and wellshe twice in a day .while during my periods they ask to take nex-mf tablet thrice in a day. is this enough or i want to go to second opinion for other gynaec doctor . my periods was still heavy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 35 minutes later
You are taking medicines containing minerals, vitamins & antioxidant.
You are having combination of problems.
First treat PCOD by reducing weight & avoiding heavy & fast food.
Secondly you would have to go for surgery to remove the big fibroid.
Till then you can take progesterone tablets & nex-mf to reduce menstrual bleeding.
I hope your query has been answered.
Follow up: Dr. Monika Choudhary 3 hours later
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE ,
i have big size follicles in the ovary is it a fibroid .
i think why my gynaec have not given progesterone tablet.
wat type of surgery to remove follicles in my ovaries is it cause any severe problems to me without surgery.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 36 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back.
Fibroid & follicles are different things.
To remove fibroid myomectomy is done & to remove these big follicles ovarian drilling is done.
In your case your doctor has given you nex-mf to reduce bleeding. If still your bleeding is not controlled inform her she will start progesterone tablets also.
However you should think about surgery also to get rid of this problem.
I hope your query has been answered.