Owl Image

Diagnosed with NSU. Taking antibiotic and getting white discharge. Possibility of having STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
Hi I'm really worried! just want to ask some questions. I have been diagnosed with NSU and have taken the antibioctics straight away a week ago. The antibioctic were the 2 tablets, can't remember the XXXXXXX The doctor at the sex Clinique said it would work within a weeks time. The problem is that I keep having a white discharge every morning and sometimes I notice it during the day. I have had oral sex with a girl 2 days ago and she swallowed my sperm. Will she get nsu aswell? Can you help me with this please? Many thanks
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

It could be helpful if we could know the name of the antibiotic. Ensure you took the antibiotic as prescribed by your physician, There are moments symptoms might persist for even up to a week after taking the full dose of the antibiotic. This might not mean the antibiotic is ineffective. However, it is advisable for you to XXXXXXX your physician at the sex clinic for follow up check. This shall be appropriate to actually decide whether its a treatment failure, or in some cases, a pathogen culture to identify the germ and test for particular antibiotics that could be more specific, sensitive, adapted and specific to the causative agent.

There is some likely hood that your girlfriend could get infected. It could be a good idea if you could take her along, or maybe advise her to go for a consultation too. It is a good idea too to avoid unprotected of penetrative sex for some time till symptoms subside and you get well, for NSU might increase the likelihood of getting on the sexually transmitted infections.

I think its really no cause for alarm now, and just see your Doctor for follow up and control.

Fast recovery,
Dr Nsah.