Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with MGUS. Taking tbl 12. Looking for suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1462 Questions
Hi I am XXXXXXX and I was diagnosed 2 years ago with MGUS though I don't have clinical details. My question is {since I am thinking of self medicating with TBL12} Why are people with a history of thyroid problems excluded from theTBL 12 trial?
Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in. In MGUS we usually do not recommend any treatment unless there is progression to myeloma. TBL-12 has shown some activity in myeloma but it is not clear whether it slows progression of MGUS to myeloma.

However, it is an extremely well tolerated product with rare side effects. I am not sure why they excluded patients with thyroid disorders. A currently ongoing study, which is not recruiting new patients, did not exclude such patients. You can access that study at WWW.WWWW.WW
Now it is really upto you whether you want to take it or not.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor