Diagnosed with Lyme disease. How long will it take to cure?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Infections
Question: Sir/Mam I believe due to the research I have been doing that I have adisease that isn't even in the web md . Morgollon disease. I have every symptom of it slam do the t. I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease and curios that could be what's causing these symptoms. Im interested in finding out what causes this, what could be a potential health concerning issue long term , what can cure it and how long could it take to do so. I have been to the hospital multiple times one Dr said many soldiers that deployed to Iraq as I did too, came back with the same unknown medical mystery . They took photos and sent it to dermotology and yet to hear back. Another Dr said it was all in my head when there was evidence proving otherwise. I'm suffering and desperate to end it. thank you for your time and consideration in this matter XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXX, Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW I have read through your query. It is possible that you are suffering from Morgellons disease. With very little clinical information on the condition, further research is going on in various medical institutes on to know more about it. The name Morgellons disease has been given to an unexplained skin disorder characterized by disfiguring sores and crawling sensations on and under the skin. Patients of Morgellons disease also have fibers or solid materials emerging from these sores. Symptoms of Morgellons disease include the following: Skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting Fibers, threads or black stringy material in and on the skin Severe fatigue Difficulty concentrating Short-term memory loss There is intense itching and open sores associated with Morgellons disease and that can severely affect a person's quality of life. At times Morgellons disease can be distressing to the patients. Even though health professionals may disagree about the nature of the condition, you deserve compassionate treatment. You require a caring health care team. Find a doctor who acknowledges your concerns and does a thorough examination. Never lose hope. A diagnosis of Morgellons disease may be made only after your doctor is justified in ruling out other common diseases. Since research is going on, you may need to consider various causes for your signs and symptoms, and follow your doctor's recommendations for treatment — which may include long-term mental health therapy with the regular forms of treatment. You may take treatment for other conditions. Treatment for anxiety, depression or any other condition that affects your thinking, moods or behavior might also be necessary. Hope your query is answered. Do write back should you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek