Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Leukemia. Anemic from 3 months. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Is there or where can I find a list of qualified doctors/oncologists in Los Angeles county? My father has been diagnosed with leukemia and I would like to take him to get a 2nd opinion. His regular doctor knew he had anemia for 3 months before he let anyone know.
We only found out when we took him to hospital for fatigue and nose infection.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 17 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

I think you would be best served by seeking a second opinion from a university oncology program. In LA this would include USC or UCLA.

You might contact either of these institutions to schedule a consultation and review of the medical records.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.


Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor