Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with GAD. Failed to change the needle of glucose monitor before pricking. Will this create trouble considering the glucose monitor has multiple users?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
Anxiety help Hello doctor
AM 30 year old Was diagnosed with GAD on Cipralex Since 2003 I was Checking My brother glucose Random where I Prick MySelf after word am not worried about my brother Status but The Glucose Monitor was Of friend of Mine but I remeber Changing the needle but I Still panic And doupt that I didnot ... what should I do . I nearly spended My life worrying...
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. I understand that you have an anxious temperament and also on SSRI drug for GAD. I would like to reassure you that even if you had failed to change the needle, as long as your friend does not suffer from a contagious disease it is perfectly fine. It also appears that even in that case no fresh blood was present on the needle. Hence do not worry and be relaxed. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor