Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Cirrhosis. Recommended a transvenous liver biopsy to determine it auto immune disease. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Hi, my mother has been diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver. To determine if it is an auto immune problem, the doctor has recommended a transvenous liver biopsy. My mother stays in Mangalore. I want to know the following
- Is this a complicated procedure that should be done in specialized hospitals in Bangalore? If yes, can you recommend a couple of good hospitals?
- How much does a transvenous liver biopsy cost approximately?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

Transvenous Liver Biopsy is a sppecialized procedure and is safe in expert hands

Yet it is always advisable to perform it in a specilized center

You can call the local yellow pages and find out the appropriate hospital in Banglore

Charges varies from center to center

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor