Diagnosed with BOOP. On steroids. Is there any natural cure?
Helps by anti inflammatory property.
Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.
BOOP is basically an inflammatory disorder of the small airways. Due to the inflammatory process they are plugged with connective tissues(Lung crystallization).
Prednisone is a steroid and as anti inflammatory action. This prevents the inflammatory process of the small airway of the lungs thereby preventing the formation of connective tissue. This helps in reducing the non productive cough in the patients.
As for as the cure of the disease is concerned it is aimed at preventing the inflammation of the lung. This is the rationale of using prednisone.
By natural cures if you mean any herbal medicines, no there is non.
But most of the patient recover with in weeks or months following the steroid therapy.
Hope the answer helps you.
Damage done can not be reversed.
The lung inflammation heals by scaring. So the damage done once can not be reversed easily.
But you can improve your lung function by
-Preventing repeated chest infection.
- Avoid airway irritant like smoke, fumes and dust.
- Breathing exercises.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for chronic steroid therapy
- Treatment and cure for steroid myopathy
- Dermatographism cured with steroids
- Treatment and cure for steroid allergy
- Treatment and cure for steroid dependent asthma
- Treatment and cure for steroid deficiency
- Treatment and cure for steroid dermatitis
- Treatment and cure for steroid diabetes
- Diagnosed with boop on steroids is there any natural cure
- Cure for steroid myopathy
- Did not get BCG vaccine. Child 2 years now. Does it protect from...
- Diabetes under control with diet, have tingling on toes and fingers. How...
- Kindly describe the food habits to be adopted for diabetic?
- Having blood suagar, what diet should I take?
- Took 70 u of short instead of 70u of Lantus. What should I do?
- Experiencing head cold, nosebleed and spit out blood after filler...
- What is the reason of person being diabetic at small age?
- Diagnosed with increased blood sugar level. Recommendation?
- Had total hip replacement surgery. Having severe pain since surgery....
- Having sneezing, hay fever, sore throat and hard to swallow. Feeling...