Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed in infection in vagina. Prescribed buscopan and cefakind. Suffer from acute pain and swelling. Home remedy?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
i went to a gyno..n she said i have infection in my vagina because i did sex for the first time..and she gave me buscopan plus(1 tab each day) cefakind 500(2 tab in a day) and fluka 150 and after taking it today i am suffering from acute pain n swelling..please help i am in lot of pain..please urgent..and wat can i do to get off this pain and home remedy..for this time of the night.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 hours later
Thanks for the query.

Some amount of pain can be seen in pelvic infection.
If you are having excessive pain and swelling after taking the tablets better to consult doctor as early as possible to rule out adverse reactions to medicines.
If you had swelling and pain before starting the medicines, that can be due to acute pelvic infection only.
For immediate treatment you can take one more tablet of buscopan plus prescribed by your doctor and consult you doctor as early as you can.
Then with your doctor's advice you can go for:
-Intravenous antibiotics and analgesics
-Intravenous fluids
-Anti-inflammatory medicines
Once rule out the possibility of post-coital tear.
Sitz bath that helps in decreasing the pain and swelling.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor