Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed and treated for helicobacter and peptic ulcer. No gall stones. Stomach and joints pain, headaches. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
I was diagnose with helicobacter paylori two years ago had the treatment and following that I was told by the doctor that the infection gone .I keep having pain nearly all day long on my upper right side of my stomach ( abdomen ) under my rib cage . I had a gastroscopy and told that I had a liner peptic ulcer again had treatment and told by doctor all clear .....but my pain is constant there ......had a CT scan to rule out gallstones and told also clear .I am 37 , overweight , smoker about 5 a day .I had blood test and told all ok just low in calcium . Quite often severe headaches , pain on my joints and feeling numbed my legs morning time .I keep having this right side abdominal pain daily what can I do ?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From your symptoms it looks like that you have either developed a recurrence of your ulcer or gallstones. I know you have got a scan done to rule out stones but ct is not the best modality to pick up stones. You should get an usg done, as that is the best modality for gall stones.
As far as the ulcer is concerned, you can either do an urease breath test to diagnose it or get a repeat endoscopy done.
In the meantime you should try taking an antacid as this might help in reducing your symptoms.

Hoping for the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor