Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed Hypertrophied cervics. What to do?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5956 Questions
My wife has been diagnosed Hypertrophied cervics, what should she do ?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Jha
Thanks for writing to us with your health query.
By itself, a hypertrophied cervix has no significance, it is not even a diagnosis.
So please do not worry.
It is a clinical finding on XXXXXXX examination.
It means that the cervix is slightly bigger than normal.
It could be caused by infections, cellular changes in the cervix, polyps or mass in the cervix.
If you have no symptoms then do not worry, the troublesome symptoms could include - reddish discharge or spotting in between periods, or after intercourse, dirty discharge that does not respond to treatment, pain during intercourse or pain in lower abdomen etc.
By itself, at the age of 36, your wife should undergo a Pap's smear with HPV testing, that is all that is necessary.
If that is normal, then do not worry about the term ' hypertrophied cervix ' as it means nothing in isolation
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor