Diagnosed 2nd grade fatty liver. Continue to drink. Medicines? Suitable diet?
Please let me know if there are ny medicines to rectify the liver damage and suitable diet to tackle this. THanks you.
Thank you for contacting XXXXXXX with your question. First of all you
admit to drinking alcohol daily for many years. You are only 34 years
young and I think now is the time for you to turn thing around.
You mention grade-2 fatty liver which is some what advanced stage.
If you do not change your habits , this will progress to further damage
and eventually cirrhosis of the liver, bleeding , coma , and death. There
is a possibility of liver cancer as well.
At this stage, your liver can come back to normal.
Here is what you have to do. Stop all alcohol , cold XXXXXXX If you need
help from a health professional please get it. Second , you must follow
a low fat diet, avoid greasy, fried foods. You need good protein diet.
Whole grains , wheat , legumes , nuts , fruits and vegetables are good.
I want you to take a super B-Complex vitamin tablet daily, Vitamin-C
1000 mg. daily and Vitamin-E 800 i.u. daily.
If you can get a protein drink supplement , take it twice a day.
You should also work on quitting smoking , even though this has no direct
effect on the liver.
I want you to get a complete set of blood tests including liver , kidney ,
thyroid , lipids , blood sugar , HbA1C , Protein levels, blood count etc.
If your liver enzymes are elevated , you have to be extra careful and
do all thee things I mention above right away before it gets worse.
I hope that I have convinced you enough so that you can lead a healthy
I want to let you know , after about six months , get a repeat scan and
see if there is improvement.
I wish you the very best.
I know how hard it is to fight the alcohol addiction.
But you really have to try. It is O.K. to start cutting back
like you say . Since you already have fatty liver (Grade-2) ,
I am really concerned about the damage to the liver.
Some people can tolerate the modest amounts of alcohol.
Others cannot. Unfortunately you are one of those.
Certainly follow the diet and proper exercises.
Liv 52 DS is O.K. to take along with the other vitamins I
I wish you the very best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How is fatty liver diagnosed
- Grade i fatty liver cure medicine
- Ayurvedic diet for grade 3 fatty liver
- Grades of fatty liver on usg
- Grade fatty liver by ultrasound
- Diagnosed with gallstones and fatty liver
- Diet exercise treatment for a patient diagnosed with fatty liver
- Liver diet for fatty liver
- Diagnosed with fatty liver grade i
- Grade2 fatty liver
- Having difficult bowel movement with blood after eating pasta....
- Getting side effects after taking taking naprosyon sr 750. Getting...
- On vitamin tablets for mouth ulcers. What should be done to prevent it?
- Started drinking infrequently. Liver scan, blood and urine test done....
- Have homogeneous texture in liver, echogenic focal lesion in right lobe....
- Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this...
- Feeling weakness after eating or working. Body getting numb and...
- Have chronic diarrhea, malabsorption, narrowing of the esophagus,white...
- Having sinus infection and sore throat. On medication. Started...
- Suffering from diarrhoea ,constipation and abdominal pains. Have rosacea...