Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, taking Triglycomet and Vobose. Triglycomet is not available. Suggest alternative medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
Hi I am 45 Yr old and have been taking Triglycomet and Vobose 0.2 mg twice a day for my diabetic. Now since Triglycomet is not available in the mearket, what is the alternative medicine for the same
My sugar level fasting would be around 130 to 150 and 99 would around 225
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 13 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Triglycomet is a combination of three Oral hypoglycemic agents namely(Glibenclamide+metformin+Pioglitazone).

Pioglitazone in this combination is ban by the Government of India due the increased incidence of Bladder cancer and fractures associated with it.

Pioglitazone acts as an insulin sensitizer and helps in uptake of insulin for the synthesis of glucose in the body.

So now you may use Prandin group of OHA's like Repaglinide in the place of Pioglitazone.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor