Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Diabetic, suffering with prostatomegaly. How to cure it?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9589 Questions
my father suffering with prostatomegaly grade 4 , he is 63 years old. please tell me how to cure, my father have diabetes.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father has Grade 4 Enlarged Prostate which is common at this age.and diabetes too.
I shall be happy if you post few more details to make any comment about further treatment.
1) What is his frequency of Urination in day time ?
2) What is the frequency at night ?
3) Does he have symptoms like Urgency or Hesitancy ?
4) What is the post void Urine residue reported on Ultrasound scanning ?
Assuming that you have consulted qualified Urologist and have done basic investigations and confirmed the diagnosis of enlarged prostate .
There are two options as a treatment depending upon severity of symptoms..
1) Medical line of treatment by alpha blockers and 5 alpha reductase inhibitors which help in reducing the progress of the disease and relax the smooth muscles of the bladder neck and help to improve urine flow.
However this is just a temporary measure till you decide to go for surgery.
2)The second option is endoscopic surgery the commonest and gold standard method.called (TURP) Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate.which offers permanent cure.and has good results .
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor