Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Diabetic patient. On glimipride and metformin. Suggest medication to control the sugar levels

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 762 Questions
my patient aged 42 yrs ,known diabetic on OH for last 6-7 yrs....he is taking glimipride 2mg and metformin 1000mg bd..but still his fasting blood sugar has come 207 and 153 at two times..please let me know how his sugar can be controlled with what other medicine
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can increase the present dose of drugs

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm,

You have many options depending upon patient profile.
1 you can increase metformin upto 2.5 g if patient tolerates.
2 you can increase glimeperide.
3 you can try vildagliptine.
4 you can add insulin.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor