Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction. Taking metformin, gliclazide, voglibose, hemiplasia. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 297 Questions
respected sir my age is 63 yrs im diabetic since 10 yrs on oral drugs metformin +gliclazide +voglibose.OPErated for kidney stones in 2010 by RIRS taken dutalfa for 2yrs now shifted on hemiplasia .have problem in erection during sexual intercourse .pls advice thanking u
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 16 hours later
Dear Sir,

I do agree you had been treated for diabetes and your concern now seems to be related to erectile dysfunction.

Erection problem can be related diabetes or androgen deficiency associated with your age or due to other hormonal or psychological problem.

I would suggest you to control your blood sugars, check your Testosterone, prolactin hormones and your Renal functions. Your HBA1c value will help to assess the degree of glycemic control.

Once we fix up the cause for your erection problem, we can plan the treatment accordingly. It is definitely treatable.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor