Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Diabetic and have BP. ENT suggested nasal spray, allegra and ambrodil for nasal pain, runny nose and headache

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
sir my name isXXXXX need advice to find good ent doctor. for my father who is 60 yrs patient of diabtes and blood pressure .at present in jodhpur ent suggest to take some medicine and give a nasal spray patient is having nasal pain water runing from nose cold little headache pain nearby eyes and face medicine are allegra once a day, forcef cv 250(cefuroxime axetil and potassium clavulanate ) 2 times a day,ambrodil(ambroxol hydrochloride tab 30 mg) three time a day
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need to see CT films

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,
I have gone through the reports ,but before reaching to conclusion its important that i see the CT films by myself.
If you wish you can come to Jaipur, i work at Fortis Hospital JLN marg,Jaipur.
The medicines which you are taking seems to be good .
But i think and would suggest that your father may require Surgical treatment .which is done endoscopically .
As he is diabetic so it is important that he stays infection free ,for good blood sugar control , which is possible when the sinuses are drained.Fungal infection is very common in blocked sinuses and your father being diabetic the chances of fungal infection is more and even the spread is faster.
You must complete the course of antibiotics and use nasal sprays.But need to be on regular follow up .
And take proper care from dust and avoid going in animal areas like poultry farm or near cattles and cows as the chances of Allergic fungal nasal infections increases there.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diabetic and have BP. ENT suggested nasal spray, allegra and ambrodil for nasal pain, runny nose and headache 1 hour later
Thank you very much sir
i would like to ask you few more doubts from my side to clear
1. can i just wait with this treatment take it regular and complete the dose as advice for seven days
2 if am waiting for these days and if he doesnt get better is there any chance of any serious dieases like cancer or this fungal infection how it will be if its not getting better with this dose
3 why this happen to him as he is very careful with all of his living as he had a cold from last of 8 days
4 my choice to go ahemdabad for his further check up did you have any good suggestion there
5 please provide your cell number for more doubts
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Complete the course of medicines

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply... Let me answer your set of questions one by one:
1. Yes, as i said previously you must complete the antibiotics course and nasal spray course first. Only after that if required a repeat CT scan can be done. Based on CT scan we can plan surgery. That's why i am insisting that any doctor will need to see the CT scan films and only report will not work.
2. Do not worry, nothing like cancer or spread of infection would occur. It is infection in sinuses and you have started medicines like antibiotics which will decrease the infection, nasal steroid sprays which will decrease the swelling and inflammation ; so he will get relief and there will be control of infection .
3. This sinuses disease can happen to anyone ,as it arises from allergy from dust ,strong smell etc. and from any anatomical problem in nose and sinuses.
It can get precipitated at any stage of life.
Now the only thing is that take care, to prevent, as I said earlier from dust, strong smell like petrol,kerosene,perfumes :from animals like cow etc
4. You can go to Ahemdabad; but i am not much aware of surgeons over there. You can XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX (Assistant Prof. department of ENT) at B.J Medical College. He will guide you .
5. You can contact me on for future enquiries through XXXXXXX I would not share my number for specific reasons.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor