Diabetic and BP patient. On medication. Have fatty liver and acidity problem. Looking for relief

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I AM DIABETIC & BP PATIENT WITH AN SUGAR OF LESS THAN 180 & FOR BP UNDER MEDICATION & i WEIGH 102 KGS & HEIGHT IS 5.8 .
SIR I FEEL SICK EATING AFTER 1 HOUR & ALSO HAVE ACUTE ACIDITY
SIR IAM HAVING FATTY LIVER ALSO
I AM ALCHOLIC ALSO TWICE A WEEK OF 2 LARGE
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Welcome to Health Care Magic
_________________________________________________________
“FEEL SICK EATING AND ACUTE ACIDITY” –
     This could be from Alcoholic Gastritis / Oesophagitis / Hiatus Hernia and so on.

The first step is to have an ECG done.
     Next thing will be to see a Gastro-enterologist and have upper GI endoscopy

The best treatment will be to stop alcohol – STOP IMMEDIATELY, COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY.
     In the mean time, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) like omeperazole / Pro-kinetic agents like domperidone, may help.
DIABETES –
Sugar level of 180 needs further improvement. What is your HbA1C?
HYPERTENSION
Is it controlled well? / Lower the pressure, better for the diabetic – protects the kidneys in the long term You ought to be taking ACE inhibitor or ARB...
OBESITY –
     Your BMI is more than 34 / 20 to 24 is the normal range for your height... /
Weight of 59 to 62 Kg will be the normal range, for this height...
ALCOHOL –
     It is bad for the liver – fatty liver is a warning bell.
           – Is your Liver Function Test (LFT) normal?
It is bad for sugar – has high calories
It is bad for Lipids – Is your Triglyceride normal?
FATTY LIVER
     Prime cause is alcohol.
     Diabetes and dyslipidemia could contribute.
To sum up,
You should be seeing your Internist (MD) for favour of further assessment and assistance.
Some things are avoidable / ALL are treatable

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck