Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Diabetic. Sugar level 199-365. What can I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 507 Questions
I have type 2 diabetes and for the last 3 days my blood sugar has been all over the place ranging from 199 to 365. i have been taking my medication on time, and watching my diet, but nothing is helping to lower my sugar level. what can I do?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

As you have said that you are a patient of type 2 diabetes , with poor controlled sugar in last 3 days , taking regular medicines , watching your diet , still blood sugar is high

Based on the description of your symptoms following may be the plausible cause:

1. Any on-going infection in diabetics can cause poor sugar control even with medicines like sore throat , pneumonia and so on or an emotional stress can cause derranged blood sugar.

2. Having an age of 35 years , places you in the hard diabetes , meaning your blood sugar control becomes less effective with treatment , as hard diabetics need insulin as well

3.Weight gain can cause resistant to the oral hypoglycemic drugs

I would suggest you to visit your doctor , and discuss this so that he can increase your medicine or do the tests like HBA1C , Blood complete picture to rule out infection .

I hope this explains your query

Feel free to ask any further questions for clarifications

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor