Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Diabetic. How to increase HB level without increasing sugar level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 274 Questions
my fasting sugar is 112 and post parandial is 142. Am I Diabetic. My Hb is 10.5.How to increase Hb without increasing sugar levels. I am a male
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 46 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query to us.
Is it possible to scan the CBC report & send it to me. Before treating hemoglobin levels we need to know what type of anaemia do you have & what is the cause?
Iron deficiency anaemia is more common due to lack of iron in diet. Include iron XXXXXXX food in your diet like dark green leafy vegetables, iron fortified cereals, whole grains like brown rice, beans, nuts which will not increase your sugar levels. However some food & medicines can interfere with absorption of iron in body like tea, coffee, antacids used to decrease acidity. So better to decrease or avoid taking such things.
Also at the same time we need to find the cause for your hemoglobin so that can be treated. If you are taking some pain killer medicine that is causing bleeding from stomach & decreasing your hemoglobin .
Consult your treating physician so that he can examine you & find the cause for low hemoglobin.
I hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor