Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diabetic. Having erectile dysfunction problem. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
Dear Doctor,I am 37 Year old male and i am a diabetic patient .My resent glucose reading was FBS 163/Post 360+ and almost this is the case.Now a days i am having ED problem due which i cannot long last or not at all.I don't drink or smoke .I having sex only with wife and that is the only stress buster and my pleasure.Kindly suggest effective medicine to get rid of the DEFECT Due to which i feel guilty
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 45 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Erectile dysfunction is the most common problem in diabetic patients. As I see your sugar levels, they are high and not under good control. For the erection of penis you need to have sound mind, interest and good neuro-vascular supply to the organ, only then erection occurs. Because of uncontrolled sugar levels, neuro vascular supply will be affected that leads erectile dysfunction.

So my advice is to consult your treating physician and discuss your problem to control the blood sugar first.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation

Hope I answered your query.

If you need any further clarification write us back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor