Diabetic. Having burning sensation in feet and skin is peeling with little water substance. Give foot care solution?

Dr. Pratap VGM

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Question: I am diabetic and my blood sugar level is within the range of 116-130 (fasting). I have a burning sensation in my feet and skin is peeling at few places with little water substance. Can you advice me a foot care solution.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
suspected cellulitis?

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

First of all cross-check your fasting and post-prandial sugars once again even elevated post-prandial levels are also risk factors for foot infections
Serous watery discharge with skin peeling is usually associated with cellulitis, some times it might be XXXXXXX as it may cause necrotising fasciitis.
Since you are complaining of burning sensation, you need to do following investigations
1. Vascular doppler of lower limbs
2. Culture and sensitivity of discharge
3. X XXXXXXX of lower limbs

Control your sugars using insulins rather than oral drugs. Clean the wound properly and don't pack it, leave it open to the air. Look for the signs of infections such as fever etc.

Hpoe information is helpful

Thanks
.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj