Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
result under control ,under active thyroid ,take statins for colestrol ,obese weight is reducing
through diet and walking the dog everyday eye sight is good also just lately at the end of the day my legs ares slightly swollen
Thanks for query.
Necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum (NLD) is a degenerative disease of collagen in the dermis and subcutaneous fat with an atrophic epidermis and granulomatous dermis. The initial lesions of NLD are well-circumscribed erythematous plaques with a depressed, waxy telangiectatic center.
In early lesions, a neutrophilic vasculitis is evident. With the passage of time, granulomatous lesions evolve into a sclerotic stage of the reticular dermis and subcutaneous fat. One-third of lesions may progress to ulcers if predisposed to any trauma. The vast majority of lesions occur on the pretibial region of the lower extremities.
It is not hereditary.
Skin biopsy may be performed to confirm the diagnosis..
Unfortunately, there is no effective cure for necrobiosis lipoidica. With time, the inflammation gradually improves, leaving scarred skin, which is permanent.
Treatment: following treatment should be tried.
Topical steroids, usually under a plastic occlusive dressing
Intralesional steroid injections or steroid tablets
Aspirin and dipyridamole combination
I hope you got my answer, still if you have query, let me know.
Dr. Ilyas XXXXXXX MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red blotches on childs legs
- Red blotches in diabetics
- Red blotches on the head in diabetics
- Sciatica red blotches on legs
- Thrush red blotches on legs
- Diabetes and red blotches on body
- Diabetes small red blotches on legs
- Diabetic have red blotches on legs suggest
- Subcutaneous red leg blotch
- Bright red blotch on leg
- Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...
- Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...
- Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....
- Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...
- Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?
- Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?
- Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
- Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...
- Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?
- Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?