Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Diabetic. Have high fever and body ache causing disorientation and fatigue. What is the treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Pratap VGM


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 869 Questions

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Question: My wife is having very high fever and severe bodyache to cause disorientation and fatigue.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Fever causes dehydration Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic After reviewing your case I feel that your wife is having dehydration due to high fever. Usually high fever will cause loss of electrolytes from body which causes loss of balances in the brain. We need to alter her medicines for your diabetes because illness causes rise in blood sugars considerably. Further blood glucose monitoring is adviced atleast 3 times a day. It is more important that we evaluate the cause for fever. She needs to undergo complete blood counts with platelets and urine examination. WIDAL and peripheral smear for malarial parasite would also be needed. The tests can be performed under the guidance of the local physician. In the interim, encourage her to drink plenty of fluids and take paracetamol tablets as and when she gets fever. Hope information is helpful. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  

Recent questions on  Malaria

doctor1 MD

Hi! I was exposed for unprotected sex after six months ago last Dec.17, 2011, after 1 month i was tested then twas negative, and I was diagnosed for Malaria. I took some medicine then I was hospitalized for high infection, then was treated for antibiotic and my infection came less. My White blood cell becomes high to 20,000 mm3 then after medication its become normal. I was tested again for HIV before 3 months and the results was negative. Now i m going to six month for the next follow up test. I was really confused regarding on this matter, before my weight is about 86 kls and due to depression and fears I became 76 kls. Now as of June 2012 today, my weight has become higher to 87 kls. My big question is this? If you are infected to HIV virus there is a chance to get weight gain that your body has a virus? and nearly 3 months testing is conclusive results that Im not HIV positive?.........Now I m suffering sometimes for fatigue and body pain. thanks for your reply.

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor I am Naveen, my age is 30 and wait 62 Kg which was 70 Kg in Oct 2011 I am facing some stomach related problem since last one year, problem started with heart burning, stomach itching and frequent urination , then dr. diagnosed in Jan 2012 cyst of 3.5 mm in both the kidney then they prescribe me Potrate MB-6 for one month and after than when went to ultrasound then the cyst were removed but still I was facing stomach discomfort and itching in lover stomach and heaviness on liver side and I was also loos my wait near about 8 KG in 10 months for that my dr. prescribe me so many test in may 2012 including Malaria , Liver and Kidney panel serum , TTG, TSH, Widal, urine routine test, hemogram, besophil, ultrasound, Chest Ex-re, Whole abdomen CT-Scan all the tests were negative except bilirubin total was 1.82 out of them bilirubin direct was .30 and indirect was 1.52 and Protein was 8.50 I had so many medicines which were prescribed me by dr. but still stomach itching and heaviness on liver side is still there so please suggest me what should I do?

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am Sushil 24 m from india. i have few medical condition to get in concern. end of august i had very high fever. which lead me to vomit whatever i used to eat or drink immediately. e.g if i used to drink water i used to throw up with in 3 second, bad swelling on abdomen, pain etc. i did my CBC, Malaria and typhoid test they came normal only my platelet count was low - 0000. i was not asked to do any further test then i consulted another doctor when my platelet count was 0000 in the morning. he did another CBC in the evening and my count was 0000 on very same day. he prescribed me sme medicines which i forgot. he asked me to eat with curd and other medicines to get my swellingon liver or abdomen cured. i dont know what had happend that time. the swelling and pain went off with time i was fine for a month. then one day when i was drinking with my friends i could feel sme sensation in my throat which lead me to cold and cough, i guess sour throat but after a course of medicine again it went. but the sourness was there, i have very bad chronic tonsils and sinus issue. while all this happening i was keeping tab on my bowl movment, earlier i used to see undigested food cells but from last one month its gone worst and i am loosing weight too. i have lost 4 kg in 40 days. i have no diarrhea but everyday when i poop its sticky neither solid nor liquid nor its too sticky i mean it falls like cow dunk.... i can see undigested food everyday when i poop. and its like whatever i eat it comes exactly in the same way. no churning is happening. sometime from last 10 days i can feel the pricking sensation all across my body anywer anytime for few second which is mild but can be felt. also in between my bladder gives me burning sensation from last 10 days. not always but in between. i scratch my body all the time since i have this indigestion issue. i dont know shall i relate everything togehter or its just one after other coming...i am really worried please help.

doctor1 MD

Hi,I am suffering from fever since yesterday and had headache and legs muscle pain also, I suspect that this is a viral fever since i had blood test and got negative report for malaria.Can you please let me know what is the cure for viral fever and how many days it will take to get well.I had 102 degree fever today morning and i am feeling ok now.Thanks

doctor1 MD

About a Month Ago my Mother diagnosed with Typhoid and urine infection she took Tratment for 15 days,which helped in recovery but not fully. Then after 1 week she start having same Fever again, then we consulted a doctor of Internal Medicine which...

doctor1 MD

Hellow sir, I am XXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My question is "can brain tumour be transferred through mosquitoes?" My neighbour is suffering from brain tumour and there are so many mosquitoes in my area. So, please tell me that brain tumour...

doctor1 MD

My daughter is 16 years old and since yesterday she presented with very high fever , abdominal pain and very painful muscles. Today her fever spiked again very high and she is still complaining of very painful muscles, abdominal pain and malaise ....